Saturday 3 September 2011

JESSICA ROSE

AS THIS IS A 'ONE-OFF' EXCLUSIVE!
Not something I do very often.
Purely because I am so happy and
satisfied in my own studio space and teaching environment ...


HOWEVER, when the lovely and talented
Jessica Rose






















from The London Jewellery School













asked if I would run a 2 day WireWork Masterclass ...

ON: WED. 5TH - THURS. 6th OCTOBER

I had to say "YES"!!

There are limited spaces, so if you are interested, please
BOOK NOW
to avoid disappointment. Also, I can guarantee
that I shall pack these classes with as many techniques, tips and
design inspiration to re-ignite your inner 'beading souls'!!

Just click on this link to share in this wirework experience:
http://www.londonjewelleryschool.co.uk/























I don't need to tell you that the venue is in London. Just the
experience of being in the buzzing heart of the city's jewellery
Quarter is exciting enough!

If you are a complete beginner, I will help you with your
first 'Bambi' steps, however, it is helpful if you already have
some experience of using pliers and manipulating wire ... but
it's not completely essential.

On the first day, I propose to give you a general introduction to
tools and materials and basic set up: starting with elementary
techniques such as 'making bead links', 'spirals',
'cages for beads' and 'clasps':





Bead Cage
& Spiral
Projects















Above, are some of the types of pieces you will be able to
create with these fundamental skills.

Following lunch, I am going to cover 'WORK HARDENING'
and tempering of wire.






These circular
links are created
from compressed
hammered wires.















You will learn to make various shapes and motifs,
such as 'hearts' and 'wiggly~squiggles' (that's a technical
term!!) and with these shapes, you will be able to create
unique chain links.






Wire motifs
& shapes

















You could also, just stick to one linking system and
create a simple 'S' link bracelet (as shown below):






















DAY 2: will start with an introduction to creating Frames for
Bangles and Pendants. Everyone will have the opportunity
of creating a unique beaded cuff bangle.




Beaded
Cuffs











Following lunch break, I am going to encourage some
free-style designing, using all the skills you have learnt.
There will be the possibility of designing a 'torque' style
choker necklace:







Blue Bead
Torque
Frame
Choker













Alternatively, you could make pendant frames for necklaces:








Beaded
Pendant
Frames














Or, have a go at making some exclusively
original BROOCHES!























These beaded frames not only make good brooches, but
stunning necklace focal pieces, can be wired onto ring
shanks and bangles, etc..., etc..., need I go on!























~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I DO HOPE THAT'S GIVEN YOU A 'TEASER' OF WHAT'S IN
STORE ON THE 2 DAY MASTERCLASS...

I CAN GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL LEAVE WITH RECHARGED
CREATIVITY, NEW TECHNICAL SKILLS AND A MASTERY
OF WIREWORK ...
AS WELL AS SOME BEAUTIFUL PIECES
TO 'SHOW & TELL'.


I VERY MUCH LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
xxx

1 comment: